Sunday, June 20, 2010

I miss my dog, should I get another?

Hello, I had to put my dog down after having him for 15 years, Me an my husband got him a year after we met, when we was dating an had no kids. Now 15 years later an married with 3 kids, I had my dog longer then my kids an longer then i knew my father, (he died when I was 8). Its been 5 month since hes been gone, an I want another dog, but cant bear hurting the feeling of my other dog,(thats sounds weird) My friend gave me a 2 yr old cocker spaniel, (That what mine was) she got it from her aunt how could not take care of it, an it was dirty, it hair was suck together. It was awful, it took me 3 day to clean, cut an wash him. but i had to find him a new home cause i just didn't think i could get to like him like y other dog, Am I wrong? Is it to eaarly for another dog?



I miss my dog, should I get another?

You are not wrong. Maybe it is too early for another dog and you just need some time. I am so sorry for your loss. My dogs are my babies whom I love dearly, so I know how you feel. I had a dog for 12 years that had to be put down, I was devistated. But now I have 3 that i love just as much. It will always hurt to lose your friend. You will know the right time to get another one.



Good Luck!



I miss my dog, should I get another?

just go with your gut feeling. I think you other dog is in a better place especially after 15 years of life. i think you should get another one, not to replace he old, but to move on and be happy. god gives you life expecting to eventualy take it back. GOOD LUCK. i know it can be hard.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

If you feel it's too early, then it is. Only you can decide when you're ready for another pet. It sounds like you really loved and took care of your first dog, and you can never really replace him, so take it slow and eventually you'll feel ready.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

Get thee to the Pound and find an older dog that loves KIDS!!!



Choose a short haired animal and one that oozes FRIENDLY. There are a lot... if you don't find your companion at your first visit... make it an activity with the family...to find a precious companion that will love you back five times as much as you could EVER love him/her! Have a wonderful time!!!! Hugs, Gina C.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

Only you can answer this....are you ready for another pet? If so, then go ahead. It is certainly not disrespectful to your old dog to get a new pet.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

I am sorry for your lost



This is what I think.



Go to pet stores, and dog adoptions day by you



Visit shelters. If you are meant to have a another dog, you will fall in love with it.



You love dogs, so believe in you heart, if you are meant to get another dog. When you see, you will love it and get it



If not, you had a dog you love for 15 years



You might get one later also



I miss my dog, should I get another?

i know how u feel - my cat died about a month and a half ago and we had had him for 11 years. he was literally a member of the family. the important thing is that if you were to get a new dog, that you realise it is its own new person. like a new baby - you never stop loving child number 1 after you had number 2. Its best to remember your dog and all the happy times you had and memories. and it teaches your kids to appreciate what they have around them - and is an excellent destresser - i bet you remember all the laughs you used to have when your pet was having a scatty moment or something. i know i still remember my pet. i miss him very much and would like another, but i know i can never replace him - and i wouldnt want to. i just know i have love to give, and would like to share it with an animal that may otherwise end up in a home or something. u will know when it is the right time to get a new pet... i hope it works out for u and your family. x



I miss my dog, should I get another?

hi there



if your not too busy to take care of a dog go ahead but how about a small dog that you can train in a wee wee pad . I have a friend that train her poodle since a baby to pee and do her thing on a wee wee pad she is house train plus fix as well remember medical bills for pets cost as well but if it will make you feel better do so . I miss my dog but I can not get one cause I work full time mines was kill .



be well be safe god bless



I miss my dog, should I get another?

Only you will know when you are ready. If you do decide you are ready, you will probably be able to cope a little better if you rescue the dog from a shelter. I know I always tend to love the dogs I rescue a little better than the ones I purchase. Your last dog would not be hurt but proud that his owner had helped a dog in need. I am sorry for your loss. I know the feeling and it is horrible.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

Only you can judge when your finished grieving the loss of your previous dog, and are ready for another. Rather than worrying about offending your old friend by getting a new dog, maybe you should consider whether he'd want you to deny yourself another dog in your life for his sake?



Remember, every dog is unique, and he'll always have his place in your heart - the new dog won't take his place, it'll make a place of it's own.



Cheers and I hope you decide you're ready soon - there are too few caring homes out there for one to stay empty too long.



I miss my dog, should I get another?

i know exactly how you feel. i lost my 13 year old german shepherd last year--she was alsmost as old as my son(15 at the time). i lost my 11 year old cat before that, and just this past january my son lost his dog to a tragic accident. we got another dog quickly, a new puppy---they are so sweet----it is hard to imagine, but a new one will fill that void, and you will fall in love all over again.and i think of my lost one every day---i have such good memories----now i'm making some more!



I miss my dog, should I get another?

Hi there. We had to have our little Elmo put down as he was so ill. Like you we had Elmo many years. I vowed never to have another dog. After two months our son came home with this little Shi-tzu. Her name is Minnie Pearl and she is quite the little girl. We love her to death. Although she is not at all like Elmo I think he is smiling down on us as we are trying to train her to do the tricks that Elmo did and having lots of fun with her. We still miss Elmo immensely but we have room in our hearts for Minnie Pearl too. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan