Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Anybody wanna read a story?

wrote this the other day... tell me what u think!!



Chapter 1



I woke up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I looked over, 7:48, CRAP!!!, school starts at 8:15. I rolled out of bed and into the shower, not even opening my eyes. The water hadn鈥檛 warmed up yet and it was freezing. Well, at least I was awake now. My eyes burst open and I washed my hair and quickly shut off the water, not even bothering to do the rest of my body. I half dried myself off and threw on the first thing I saw in the top drawer. I rushed downstairs packed my bag, grabbed my purse and said goodbye to my mom, dad, and little sister.



In the car, I turned on the radio and listened to Steve and Jesse. My mom and I had been listening to them since I was about seven. I reached in my purse and pulled out a few energy bars. At a red light, I unwrapped a bar and took a bite out of it. It tasted like tar, but it was better than nothing. I turned into my best friend鈥檚 neighborhood; her parents had taken her license away for an unfair speeding ticket she鈥檇 gotten last week. I pulled into her driveway, she was waiting outside.



鈥淲hat happened?鈥?she smiled, 鈥淵ou were supposed to be here ten minutes ago!鈥?br> 鈥淕et in,鈥?I moaned.



She opened the passenger door and looked at my half open eyes, and the three energy bar wrappers on the floor of the 99 Maxima, 鈥淥verslept again?鈥?she half teased, half asked.



鈥淥h yea, I鈥檝e been up for about fifteen minutes鈥?I said.



I backed up and scraped the bottom of the car on her driveway.



鈥淯HHHH.鈥?Maybe not such a great move.



鈥淥h my gosh, you do that every time鈥?br> I laughed and made a face at her.



鈥淲e鈥檙e gonna be so late.鈥?br> 鈥淥h well.鈥?br>



Chapter 2



At school, Claire and I walked over and sat down with David, Seth, Gray, Lauren, Jo, Holley, Ricky, and Jordan.



鈥淲hoa, said Lauren, you better come with me.鈥?br> Lauren walked me into the deserted girls鈥?bathroom. She went into a stall and took off her shirt and handed it to me, it was a teal tank top, she handed me a white cap sleeve undershirt with a V- neck that went perfectly with the hoop neck of the tank top.



鈥淗ere,鈥?she said, 鈥淭his matches your skirt much better than a red T-shirt,鈥? For the first time today I looked down at what I was wearing. I felt embarrassed that I had even walked outside in this horrific outfit. I laughed, thanked her and pulled the shirt over my head and replaced it with the super cute and moderately tight tank top. Lauren came out with the red t-shirt on, it looked good on her. She cinched in the back with a ponytail holder and pulled my makeup bag out of my purse.



鈥淥K, you do eyes, I鈥檒l do lips and cheeks.鈥?br> 鈥淭hank you,鈥?I stammered again.



鈥淗ey, what are friends for? Rough morning? Ha, you have to start getting to bed earlier鈥?br> I closed my eyes and laughed. 鈥淟auren, I love you.鈥?br> 鈥淗ey, no moving,鈥?she said as she put the finishing touches on my lipgloss, 鈥淣ow hurry up, we鈥檝e got ten minutes.鈥?br> I pulled out the eyeliner and went to work. I finished just before the bell went off. I hugged Lauren and left for first period, WORLD HISTORY, uhhhh, my least favorite class.



Chapter 3



I walked into World History.



鈥淵our Late,鈥?said my teacher sternly.



鈥淪orry Mr.Hammond.鈥?I said. I turned around and walked towards Claire, who had saved me a seat and rolled my eyes to her about the teacher.



鈥淲OOW,鈥?said Claire, 鈥淵ou look much better. Lauren fixed you up?鈥?br> 鈥淵ea, she鈥檚 a life saver.鈥?br> 鈥淪HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!,鈥?yelled Mr. Hammond.



鈥淚 swear, a drop of spit just flew from his mouth on the complete other side of the room and hit me in the eye!!鈥?br> I laughed. I laughed LOUD!! Mr. Hammond whipped around and glared at me. You know, Ms. Hamilton, I could give you a tardy for being two minutes late to my class for the third time in four days. You wouldn鈥檛 want detention again, now would you? He turned back around and so did I.



鈥淥OOOOOOOOOPS!鈥?I mouthed to Claire.



She rolled her eyes and smiled at me.



***



At lunch, I met up with the rest of the group.



鈥淪OOOOOOOOOOOO, what鈥檚 the news with you and Nathon?鈥?Jo asked me. (OK, I know Jo sounds like a guy name, but it鈥檚 short for Jordan)



Everyone leaned forward and a wide smile spread over Claire鈥檚 face. I had called her last night to tell her the news.



鈥淲ell, I told you that we went to the movies on Saturday, right?鈥?Everyone nodded. 鈥淎fter that, he called me and we talked until two in the morning. Then, on Sunday, we talked on IM and he asked me out. We went on our first date last night.鈥?br> The guys leaned back and took a bite out of their sandwiches, but all the girls gasped.



鈥淪O?鈥?Jordan (other Jordan) smiled.



鈥淲ell, he took me to dinner, and then he took me to the mall and got one of the vendors to distract me while he slipped into the jewelry store and bought me this necklace鈥?br> I held it up so everyone can see. It was red diamonds in the shape of a heart with one white diamond in the middle. On the clasp in the back, was a capital 鈥淣鈥?for Nathon. I assumed the diamonds were fake, but they looked incredibly real. When I looked down at it, I felt the same way I had when he snuck up behind me, and put it on. It took my breath away.



That鈥檚 when I noticed that I had the absolute perfect life. A family that loved me, friends that I cared about and I could tell anything, and that I feel the same way about. AND, I had a totally sweet boyfriend who only wants me to be happy. At that moment, I was truly happy. Little did I know, that all of that could change in just a second.



Chapter 4



鈥淎WWW, that鈥檚 sooo sweet, thank you!鈥?br> 鈥淵ou hang up first. NO YOU!!, NO!! I鈥檓 not gonna hang up, you have to. OK bye!!鈥?br> 鈥淭HANK YOU!!鈥?said Claire, she was sitting on the floor, propped up against the bed, holding a world history text book. 鈥淣ow what pages of this book are we supposed to know for next week. Ummm, let me check, I pulled out my agenda and flipped it to today.



鈥淧ages 234-251, wow, we鈥檝e go a lot of work to do.鈥?br> 鈥淟et鈥檚 get started,鈥?said Claire with fake enthusiasm. 鈥淟et鈥檚 read over this and then we鈥檒l quiz each other when we鈥檙e done鈥?br> 鈥淥kay,鈥?br> We read quietly for about 4 minutes before Claire interrupted my train of thought.



鈥淪O WAIT, Christopher Columbus was actually Portuguese, but he sailed for Spain???鈥?br> 鈥測ea,鈥?br> 鈥淲hy?鈥?she said



鈥淲ell, if you would actually read the rest of the material, you would know that the Portuguese cheapskates they call royalty wouldn鈥檛 give him any money to sail, so he turned around and asked the Spanish Queen for money and she gave it to him. I bet Portugal felt pretty stupid after that he discovered a new continent and all,鈥?br> 鈥淚 don鈥檛 blame them for not funding his little trip thingy, Christopher Columbus was a jerk. HE KILLED INDIANS!鈥?br> 鈥淥kay, he was a jerk, but if he hadn鈥檛 had been born, America might not be here now.鈥?br> 鈥淵es it would be, Amerigo Vespucci is the one that deserves the credit, I bet none even knows who HE is.鈥?br> 鈥淧shhhhh, whatever, just go back to the book,鈥?I answered with a smile, and we again went into silence



Chapter 5



On Friday, I was a little better at getting up than on the day before. I woke up at 6:30 sharp. I got out of bed and went to turn the hot water while I carefully picked out today鈥檚 outfit. I laid it out and went to get in the shower. In was nice and warm. Better than yesterday. I finished in the shower and put on the outfit. I turned towards the mirror and looked at myself, much better than yesterday. I pulled my wet hair back and went downstairs to eat breakfast.



In the kitchen, I poured a bowl of cereal, sat down at the table and waited for the rest of my family to come in. Dad was the first.



鈥淚 see your awake this time, your getting better!鈥?br> I rolled my eyes. 鈥淗AHAHA!! DAD YOUR SOOOOO FUNNY YOU SHOULD WARN ME BEFORE YOU CRACK ONE LIKE THAT!!鈥?I joked sarcastically. I looked over at him and laughed, for real this time. He was not too amused. Then Michelle walked into the room. She yawned. Her hair was frazzled and she looked like I did yesterday.



鈥淗ow鈥檚 it goin鈥?鈥?I asked her.



鈥淢uchucachidoskqla,鈥?was her response.



鈥淗mmm,鈥?I said, 鈥淲ell tell me how that goes.鈥?br> 鈥渋elkkvfdfo shower鈥?br> I finished my cereal and walked upstairs. Michelle was there. Her hair was wet and straightened out again.



鈥淎HH, I feel better鈥?br> I laughed, and finished brushing my teeth. I glanced over at the clock, 7:19. Okay, I need to leave at 7:40, I let my hair down and started to dry it. Then I put my makeup on and went downstairs. Mom had set out my sandwich and chips, my drink was in the fridge. I packed it in a lunchbox and set it on the counter. Then I went over and packed my book bag.



I put it in the car and drove to Claire鈥檚. She wasn鈥檛 waiting outside today. I went up to the door and her mother motioned for me to come in.



鈥淐laire鈥檚 upstairs, sweetie, would you like a piece of toast?鈥?br> 鈥淣o thanks Mrs. Tortan, I鈥檓 just going to go upstairs and see Claire鈥?I responded



鈥淥kay honey; tell me if you need anything鈥?br>



***



鈥淐laire??, cmon, are you ready?鈥?br> I walked by her room and noticed her long, lean body standing in the middle, applying finishing touches to her lipgloss. She smacked her lips together and looked over at me.



鈥淵our early,鈥?she said. 鈥淚鈥檓 almost ready, hold on鈥?br>



Chapter 6



Nathon called after school.



鈥淟eanne,鈥?he sighed into the phone.



鈥淵es?鈥?I asked, afraid that he was going to dump me. 鈥淲hat鈥檚 up?鈥?br> 鈥淚鈥?I鈥檓 in jail鈥?br> 鈥淲hat???鈥?I yelled loudly.



I heared my mom drop her fork downstairs. I didn鈥檛 even care.



鈥淲hat do you mean your in jail? You鈥ou can鈥檛 be in jail鈥?You鈥檝e got good grades, you鈥檝e got a life鈥?You鈥檝e got friends鈥?You鈥檝e got me!!!鈥?br> 鈥淚 know, I know鈥?br> 鈥淲haaaaa鈥?WHAT?鈥?br> 鈥淚鈥檓 sorry okay?! I don鈥檛 need another person on my back!!鈥?br> 鈥淚鈥檓 coming down; they鈥檒l let me in, right?鈥?br> 鈥測ea.鈥?br> 鈥淲ell, I鈥檓 sorry, I鈥檝e never been to jail before.鈥?br> 鈥淛ust tell them you鈥檙e here to see Nathon Kingston鈥?he said, and then hung up the phone.



鈥淢OOOOM!, I鈥檓 going to go to Claire鈥檚 house, Okay???鈥?br> 鈥淥kay, say hi to her mom for me. Are you spending the night?鈥?br> 鈥淣o, I鈥檒l be back in a couple hours, Bye鈥?br>



***



In the car, I couldn鈥檛 breath. So many questions were racing through my head.



What did he do? Why did he do it? Could I have stopped it? Does his mom kn鈥?br> My cell phone rang. I reached down to answer it. I accidentally ran through a red light. I heard a horn and looked up to see the headlights of a Mack Truck headed straight toward me. Then, blackness.



***



I awoke to a beeping machine and a white room. My mom was sitting nervously in a chair beside my bed, biting her nails and rocking back and forth. When she saw my eyes opening she jumped up and gasped.



鈥淲haa鈥?What time is it.鈥?I mumbled groggily.



鈥淚t鈥檚 5:30 in the afternoon honey. We got a call from the hospital at 9:00 on Friday night. They said you were in a car wreck. It鈥檚 now Sunday. We.. We were just glad you were alive.鈥?br> A nurse walked in. She was wearing a white cloak and carrying a clipboard.



鈥淵our awake!!鈥? She said. 鈥淵ou鈥檝e been in a coma for almost 2 days now.鈥?br> 鈥淲ait, 2 days?鈥?br> 鈥淟eanne!!!鈥?br> I looked over. Lauren, Seth, Gray, Holley, Ricky, Erin, and Caroline were standing in the door, holing flowers, get well cards, and balloons. They came over quietly and the nurse stepped out to give the group some privacy.



鈥淗oly Crap!鈥?said Lauren. 鈥淥h, Leanne, you鈥檙e a walking disaster!鈥?br> I laughed; I could tell I had scratches on my face from the way it stung when I smiled. They must have seen me wince, because their smiles fell off their faces when I did so. I tried to act like it wasn鈥檛 a big deal.



鈥淲e bought you some balloons!!!鈥?said Lauren. Everyone laughed.



鈥淥h Lauren, you always know what to say.鈥?Said Erin.



Caroline was fiddling with her phone in her hands. I remembered that hospitals make her nervous. Her dad had died 10 months after being admitted from cancer when she was nine. It must have taken a lot of courage for her to even walk through the door. I wanted to hug her. I wanted to hug all of them. I wanted to stand up and kiss them all on the cheek, but I couldn鈥檛 because me leg was wrapped up on gaws and hurt terribly.



Then, I thought of Nathon and about what happened on Friday night. I wondered if I had dreamed it. I laid there thinking about him sitting in his cell, alone, eating cold soup with a spoon; wondering why I never came to visit. Hopefully he was up for bail and his parents had come to pick him up. Then why wasn鈥檛 he here? Claire had his number and surely would have called him? Wouldn鈥檛 she have? That鈥檚 silly. Of course she would have! I looked up at her smiling face. Ricky had said something funny that I hadn鈥檛 caught. Everyone was laughing. Her curly black hair was tied up in a ponytail on the back of her head. Her teeth were white and straight; she had never had braces; she had never needed them. She wasn鈥檛 wearing any makeup; she didn鈥檛 need that either.



鈥淗ey!鈥?I said seriously. Everyone stopped smiling and looked at me. 鈥淲hat happened to Nathon? Did they let him out?鈥?br> 鈥淣o,鈥?Claire said.



鈥淗e鈥檚 not on bail?? What did he do??鈥? I was generally bewildered and reached for the necklace he had given me. It was not around my neck. I looked on the nightstand. It was not there either. They knew what I was looking for. I looked up, my eyebrows raised.



鈥淲here is it?鈥?br> They all looked around, wondering who would have to tell me.



鈥淭hey took it.鈥?Said Caroline. My eyebrows raised even higher



鈥淭hey? Care to elaborate?鈥?br> 鈥淭he police did, It was evidence,鈥?Holley finished.



鈥淓vidence?? Evidence for what?鈥?br> 鈥淔or Nathon鈥檚 case,鈥? I opened my mouth, then closed it. I was a little still a little slow being in a coma.



鈥淟eanne, he stole the necklace,鈥?Said Claire.



鈥淣O!鈥?I said, 鈥淣O! he wouldn鈥檛 do it.鈥?br> 鈥淗e loves you and knew you would love it, but do you think his job as a BILO bagger boy would cover it?鈥?br> 鈥淲ell, how long is he in jail, can he get out on bail?



鈥淟eanne, his bail is $10,000, do you think hid parents can afford that?鈥?br> 鈥?10,000?鈥?I yelled, 鈥淢y God, for stealing a necklace?鈥?br> Just then the nurse rushed in. 鈥淜ids, I鈥檓 very sorry, but visiting hours are over. This girl needs her rest. She鈥檚 got 6 broken bones and she hasn鈥檛 had real food in 2 days. She鈥檚 also due for a blood pressure check.鈥?br> My friends looked sad to leave me, but in a way they looked relieved. They all came up and hugged me before they left.



鈥淚鈥檒l come tomorrow, okay?鈥?said Claire.



I smiled and said that would be good.



Once everyone left, the nurse came up and took my blood pressure.



鈥淚鈥檓 Anna, by the way. Are you hungry?鈥?br> 鈥淵es mam鈥?I said.



鈥淚鈥檒l get you some crushed ice, and if you can eat that without feeling queasy, I鈥檒l give you some Saltines.鈥?br>



Chapter 7



The nurse came in with the cup of crushed ice.



鈥淐HEW this鈥?she said, 鈥淒on鈥檛 let it melt in your mouth.鈥?br> I reached with my left hand to take the cup and noticed the IV sticking out of it. Then, I looked up at the beeping machine that was monitoring my heart rate. I must have looked bewildered because the nurse said, 鈥淵ou鈥檙e in a very serious medical condition, Ms. Hamilton, lucky to be alive with all of your limbs.鈥? I shivered and looked down at my feet, which were covered by a blanket. I tried to wiggle my toes, but the pain in them was immense. Even though my friends bore bad news, I was sad that they had left so soon. With them here, I had almost forgotten about the slow, heavy, lurching pain that made me so weak.



I had finished my crushed ice and the nurse left me for 10 minutes to see what my body would do with it. She came back carrying, as promised, a box of Saltine crackers, and a juice box.



鈥淚 think it鈥檚 safe for you to eat this.鈥?She smiled.



I took the snack from the nurse and looked at my mom, who had fallen asleep in the old chair next to my bed.



鈥淧oor woman, Almost as torn up on the inside as you are on the outside about this. She hasn鈥檛 left this room or even slept since she got here on Friday. I ate a Saltine and sucked on the salt to make it crumble in my mouth. I very slowly took a sip of juice.



鈥? questions,鈥?I said. The nurse looked over at me. 鈥淥kay, what exactly is wrong with me? I mean, what鈥檚 broken?鈥?br> 鈥淵ou have two broken ribs, a fractured wrist, a shattered elbow, a dislocated knee cap, and a broken leg.鈥?br> 鈥淗mm, that explains the awful pain I am in.鈥?br> Anna, as she liked me to call her, blinked and said, 鈥淣ext question?鈥?br> 鈥淯mm, exactly how drugged up am I right now鈥?br> Anna laughed, 鈥淰ery, if I gave you one more milliliter of morphine it would probably push you back into a coma, don鈥檛 worry though, I went to med school. I know what I鈥檓 doing.鈥?br> I smiled and got that tight feeling in my face again.



Anna handed me the remote to the small TV in the in the corner of the room. 鈥淵ou can watch something if you want to.鈥?She said.



That鈥檚 when I looked across the room and noticed I had a roommate. She had no get well cards or worried parents around her bead. The machine next to her was beeping slowly and quietly.



鈥淲hoa鈥?I said, 鈥淲ho鈥檚 that?鈥?br> Anna looked over. 鈥淭hat鈥檚 Cynthia,鈥?she said, 鈥淪he鈥檚 been here for a while, hasn鈥檛 woken up yet. Her parents are very hopeful although the doctors are not鈥?br> 鈥淒o you think she鈥檒l wake up鈥?br> Anna shook her head. 鈥淪he鈥檚 been asleep for 13 months, the family just needs to except that she is not going to wake up. I knew that girl before her accident, happy and healthy. She wouldn鈥檛 want to be living like this.鈥?br> 鈥淗er accident?鈥?I asked, 鈥淲hat happened?鈥?br> 鈥淪he fell 5 stories out a window of an office building right into the streets. As if that weren鈥檛 enough, she was then hit by a car moving at 40 miles an hour.鈥?I cringed, that made my accident look like child鈥檚 play. Her face and arms were scared and bruised. Gosh, 13 months, that means this happened in December, right before Christmas. In December, my biggest problem was what I was going to get for my family for Christmas, or maybe even what I was going to wear to the high school dance. I certainly didn鈥檛 think about not living to see another Christmas.



I stopped and closed my mouth. Anna must have noticed the sadness in my eyes.



鈥淗mmmm,鈥?she said, 鈥淢aybe she will wake up after all. I once read a story in the paper about a lady who was in a comma for 2 years before she woke up.鈥?br> 鈥淭here鈥檚 a reason why that story made the news.鈥?I grumbled.



The nurse turned around and handed me in the TV remote. 鈥淲hat Sweetie?鈥?she asked



鈥淯h, nothing, nothing鈥?I replied.



I turned the TV to my favorite channel. 鈥淲hat not to Wear鈥?was on. I had been watching that show since I was a kid. That鈥檚 wear I had gotten all my fashion tips. Stacy and Clinton were throwing away a poor blonde girl鈥檚 wardrobe. She wasn;t fighting, like some of the other girls would, she was just standing to the side, almost in tears. Stacy looked over and dropped the ugly Beatles shirt she was making fun of.



鈥淗on, you will love us when we are done here. You see this,鈥?Stacy said, 鈥淭his is CRAP!鈥?br> 鈥淐RAP!鈥?Clinton chimed in.



鈥淵ou are better than this.鈥?Stacy Concluded. 鈥淲e are gonna get your outside鈥︹€?She waved her fingers and motioned at the girl. 鈥渢o match your inside鈥︹€?br> The girl looked up at Stacy, her mousy blonde hair in front if her face. 鈥淥hhh, thank you,鈥?br> 鈥淥kay, well, we鈥檒l take care of the rest of this stuff, now you go and start spending that $5,000.鈥?br> 鈥淥kay, thanks guys鈥?the girl said, wiping off her tears and smiling.



The commercials came on and I surfed through the rest of the channels.



Then I noticed I had to use the bathroom. I called for Anna.



鈥淚s there anyway I can get to the bathroom?鈥?br> She smiled pathetically and shook her head.



鈥淣ot in that condition, honey,鈥?she said, and handed me a bedpan.



I rolled my eyes and put my eyes and decided I would wait a little more on that one.



Chapter 8



When I woke up the next day, my mom was standing over me, smiling. The smile was bittersweet, but it still felt good to be smiled at. I closed my eyes and opened them again after a few seconds. When I opened them again, my mom wasn鈥檛 looking at me any more. She was looking at the door. I turned to look. It was my dad and little sister were standing in it. Michelle looked disturbed; she came and sat by my bed.



I imagined what I must have looked like to her. She had always looked up to me for advice. Now I was stuck helpless in the hospital bed, just waiting for the nurse to come in and feed me. Like a little unmoving baby bird, just waiting for the mom to come home and toss a worm into its mouth. I felt the



Anybody wanna read a story?

No. But thanks for asking.



Anybody wanna read a story?

two long too read.



Anybody wanna read a story?

I just want to read the summary..:)



Anybody wanna read a story?

thats really good- especially the last few chapters when the action came in, i absolutely loved it and it made me want to read more. keep up the good work :]



it actually felt like i was in the story. nicely done.



edit- a day later im still thinking of that story- its so good it makes you want to go back for more. keep going its lovely.



Anybody wanna read a story?

I was getting in to the story. Too bad you can only go up to chapter 8. Anyway, nice work!



Anybody wanna read a story?

LOVE IT !!



LOVE IT !!



LOVE IT !!



highly interesting



i could feeel myself actually immersed in the story, and what will happen to the girl



Anybody wanna read a story?

I just read chapters 1 %26amp; 2 but those were amazing. Love it!! 鈾?鈾?:) %26lt;3~



Anybody wanna read a story?

great story!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan