Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Society dictates to me that in order to be 'beautiful' I must be skinny,tan,have long hair,perfect,long nails,etc......



I am plus size,pale as a ghost,keep my hair short (because it is easier to deal with while chasing after my 4 kids),keep my nails short,(as I am an avid gardener),etc...



So,obviously I do not care what society says,and I hold my head up high anyways!



Do you?!



(p.s.-My best fashion accessory is a smile.)



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

TBH, I could not give a toss what society says and those who do must have very little going on in their life!!!



Yesterday, I went shopping in tesco's with my overalls and wellies - smelling of calves!!!! (I rear nearly 200)



I do have the odd occasion, when I do my hair and make-up and people always gasp when they see me, which I love and would rather have that than people not noticing when you make an effort!!



And, you seem to have your priorities in life perfectly correct to me - well done xx



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Hell no, no matter what the latest trend is i ALWAYS stick to my own style and what i think looks good. Right now in my city everyone is wearing those I %26lt;3 NY t-shirts, its so stupid.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Good for you!



Don't let society and the media bring you down, if you like yourself then that's all that matters.



I don't judge myself to people that are perfect, but I do wish I was better looking because personally when I look in the mirror I cry.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

well today's models are skinny as hell; there's not much to their bodies at all! But I'm sure if you asked any guy, they'd prefer a girl who has some meat to her (curves). I'd definitely go for the curves rather than look like a stick



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

As we get older we learn that it is important to feel at home in our own skin and wear what suits us and what we feel comfortable in. We have gained the confidence that allows us not to care what society dictates that we wear.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Perfection is only relevant to the person who believes it. The old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder is the truest saying I have heard. Listen to peoples views and how often have you heard someone say that something is beautiful when you think it is hideous - More than once i'll bet.



It is more important to be happy, if you are happy within then it will show on the outside. Listen to how many people think that Dawn french is beautiful - she is, but she is hardly the media's idea of the perfect woman.



Enjoy your life and being you!



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Women should learn to suit their own style, body shape, lifestyle etc, not the epitomes of 'perfection' as portrayed in the media (most of which are digitlly enhanced in any case). Perhaps it's something we should be taught at school? It's certainly something I'l going to hammer home with my daughter.



In many ways (?) I'm lucky as I'm tall and slim, but I don't feel I conform to what I'd like to be - perhaps in the long run, the ones we disappoint most are ourselves, which is a crying shame.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

No I value my life more than my looks!!



I have low blood pressure %26amp; if I don't eat regularly then I get dizzy. I like to exercise %26amp; horse-ride hence I eat carbs to keep my energy up and have short nails like you!



Many of my family have had suspect moles removed and I have pale skin and burn easily - hence no tan!



My hair won't grow much past my shoulders!!



Sorry but I'd rather live my life, enjoy my food and have a few drinks... The models %26amp; celebrities may look good but do they have much fun? Many are addicted to drugs or smoke or are anorexic/bulemic... all of which shorten your life.



I think enjoyment of life and a smile is far more attractive!!!



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

While I'd like to drop a few pounds, I think I look pretty good, even though I don't fit the stereotype for beauty. I think people who carry themselves well and have their own sense of style are gorgeous, no matter what their size or skin tone. When you are happy with yourself, I think it can really shine through.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

A very good point here and I totally agree with you too.



Besides, all the glammed up images that we see in the glossy magazines of today, most of the images are now touched up digitally, enhanced or airbrushed and in todays term it would be absolutely impossible for any normal everyday woman to look like that. Thats why the enormous pressure for women to look like that.



It doesnt worry me anymore, used to before when I were a few years younger to my age now. No wonder people sometimes have such low confidence in themselves when it comes to their appearance and looks..and its the cosmetic and all the major companies out there offering plastic surgeries what have you that feeds off the insecurities of such people.



Be happy from within, no matter what your colour and shape..if your're happy and full of confident from the inside, it reflects on your outer image too and people around you reflect off you.



I'm just wondering what kind of technology and advancement will be there in the future...already we're nearly seeing people walking the planet with alot of plastic surgery done to them...I dread what the future holds.



Good luck to those who have it...sadly..its not for me as I prefer how I am now.



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Fashion is what the try to sell. Sure some of it looks nice while some of it is atrocious.



I do choose my own style. I love long hair but agree it is too much work which is why it much shorter now. Short, natural nails are just more practical for everyday. But I do like my heels (which are anything but practical lol)



Whatever style or accessories you choose, you need to be happy with how you look. And always hold your head high :)



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

Ofc not, but in the same way, i'm not going to go the opposite way to try and make a point.



There is such a thing as letting yourself go.



The only thing i think that people in general really need to work on is obesity and anorexia. If your body mass index is too high (or too low) then it should be worked on.



Using "i will not conform" as an excuse is a poor one.



Big and thin people are not beautiful - ever - because they are not healthy.



Skin colour, make-up, nails, hair i can take or leave :)



Ladies:Do you buy into society's standards for beauty?

I don't buy it at all. Not only because it's too expensive its because I am an individual and I have my own style.



I always look nice when I go out and I'm happy with the way that I look. There are some people that I work with that do buy into it all and they always have to have the latest clothes, shoes make-up etc and these people are deep in debt, but yet they keep buying because they have got their priorities all wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan