Sunday, November 29, 2009

Is it fair?

how parents control their children's lives? i mean i understand that they are your parents and everything and they want the best for you but sometimes in my household it's just unbareable!



for instance, i want to get two cartilage pericings on my left ear. but my dad doesnt let me. it's my body. i should enjoy doing the teenage stuff! but my dad is soo unfair and strict about it!



and i want to get red or turquoise highlights in my hair, but once again my dad doesnt let me do it. i mean come on!!! he stays im to young but im 14 and it's not like im going to be 30 with pink hair or something.



i think that parents should let their kids have more freedom and enjoy their lives more.



yea, and he doesnt even let me wear eyeliner, but i still do and i get yelled at a lot for it.



Is it fair?

14 is still a little young for some things. Some parent just can't handle it.



When I was 14, (I'm 36 now) I shaved one side of my head, pierced my own ears about 6 times up one side in the cartilage and bought temorary blue color for my hair. I did it without asking and my dad flipped out. He accepted it. Didn't like it but he still took me to dinner and stuff even though people looked a lot. After a while I got over it (less than a year) and move on to other things.



It took a long time for my ears to heal. 3 to 5 years. My shaved head took about 2 years to get back to nomal and the blue was gone in about a week.



It is your body but your body is with you forever. Things you do when you are 14 still effect you years later. Tatoos, piercings, damaged hair from lots of color, skin damage from tanning etc. That is probably why your dad is so serious about it. He knows.



Wait until you are 16 and then ask for those things again. I bet you won't want them in 2 years. Freedom and responsibility do not always go hand in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan